"Yoga becomes a powerful therapeutic tool when the principles of Ayurveda are properly applied to it"
~ Dr. Marc Halpern
This 12 day residential training program is designed specifically for yoga teachers and is taught directly by Dr. Marc Halpern and Marisa Laursen (this program is 13 days when taught at the Sivananda Ashram, Bahamas). Participants will learn how to adapt yoga classes toward the specific needs of each individual, including deep instruction in the use of asana, pranayama, chanting and meditation for healing purposes based upon ayurvedic principles. In addition to learning how to apply this knowledge to others, this program also provides an opportunity for a personal journey within, allowing you to explore your own ayurvedic constitution and create a lifestyle that leads to inner peace and healing. Course graduates will receive a certificate.
All Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy certification courses qualify for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits.
• Fundamental principles of ayurveda (Philosophy, five element theory, doshic theory)
• Basic diagnostic skills to determine constitution and imbalances
• Ayurvedic and Yogic Psychology
• Raja yoga from the perspective of health and healing
• The energetics of asana
• Pranayama for balancing the doshas
• Yoga nidra and the healing proces
• Karma yoga and the healing process
March 10-22, 2016 - Sivananda Ashram, Bahamas