CCA Logo A World Leader In Ayurvedic Education
Call us at 530-478-9100

Frequently Asked Questions

1.Does CCA offer "traditional, authentic" Ayurvedic education?

Grass ValleyYes! CCA is committed to helping students understand the complete science of Ayurveda as it was articulated thousands of years ago by the ancient rishis. This knowledge is contained in three major and three minor texts of Ayurveda written between 1500 B.C. and 1500 A.D. The curriculum at CCA helps to bring this ancient wisdom to you in a modern and easily understandable format.

2. Where did the titles "Ayurvedic Health Practitioner" and "Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist" originate?

Dr. Marc Halpern developed the title of Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (C.A.S.) in 1995 for graduates of the California College of Ayurveda who have achieved the school's highest level of training in both health promotion and disease management. The C.A.S. title has become recognized as the highest standard of clinical Ayurvedic education offered in the United States. The title Ayurvedic Health Practitioner (A.H.P.) was introduced in 2007 by CCA to recognize the completion of our health promotion and disease prevention program. There are currently no Doctor of Ayurveda clinical degrees recognized in the United States. Bachelor's and Master's degrees offered at all schools in the United States are academic degrees only. They do not afford the recipient any additional practice rights.


3. Can I receive a Master's degree from my studies at the California College of Ayurveda?

Hindu University of America (International Vedic Hindu University) will accept the California College of Ayurveda’s AHP certification as a basis for their Master’s Degree Program. Learn more about the Master's in Ayurveda program.